Jenny Lee Photography + Tiny Prints store:

<br>Jenny Lee Photography + Tiny Prints store:

Get exclusive discounts by shopping through our studio's storefront.

Tuesday, May 26

Do you know your mommy?

Aidan loves it when I go pick him up after school. So last Wednesday, it was my pickup day. I asked him what he wanted to have for lunch, and he only had one place in mind - Sweet Tomatoe. I even offered to go to McDonalds and he shot down that idea and said "They're giving out CDs!".

Umm, yeah, so the last time my husband took him to McDonalds for lunch, it was the week where they gave out these music CDs in the Happy Meals. Yeah, I thought that was lame too and obviously Aidan did too. I guess he thinks they give out the same thing again everytime. Ha.

So off to Sweet Tomatoe we went. Here's an iPhone edition shot of him during our lunch (please ignore the bad quality). His favorite food there is the "Tuna Tarragon". I'm still trying to find the recipe to that one. If anyone has one, PLEASE share the recipe with me here. I need to know how to make this for him. (So I don't have to go there so much anymore?!)



After our lunch there, we chatted and just hung out. As we were having dessert, I pulled out this one blog post I once saw from my friend, Jason's blog which had the cutest questions to ask your child.

I jotted down Aidan's answers on a paper napkin. They were quite entertaining. I'm sharing them here. This is what he said to me word for word as I asked him the questions.

Aidan: 5 year old (Kindergartener)

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Clean up your toys.


2. What makes mom happy?
Take pictures

3. What makes mom sad?
The glue breaks apart

(I once asked him why he is so attached to me, he said we're stuck together like glue)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Jokes


5. What was your mom like as a child?
She plays

6. How old is your mom?
35


7. How tall is your mom?
Small


8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Take pictures


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Take pictures


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Collect something


11. What is your mom really good at?
Working


12. What is your mom not very good at?
Puzzles

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Work at home


14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Mein Mein


15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Because I like you taking pictures

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Hello Kitty


17. What do you and your mom do together?
Build Legos


18. How are you and your mom the same?
Same eyes


19. How are you and your mom different?
Our toes


20. How do you know your mom loves you?
You buy me a bug catcher
(I once picked up a bug catcher from the dollar store and he asked me why I got it for him, I said 'Because I love you, that's why.")

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Japanese

3 comments:

Jason Lee said...

lol, I love his responses.

Carolyn and David said...

I love his responses too. And he's a very healthy eater!

I have not tried the so-called tuna tarragon, but if you take a picture of it, I might be able to figure it out. Isn't it just tuna and tarragon? :-p Maybe some salt, pepper and olive oil?

Jenny Lee Photography said...

Carolyn - You can see the Tuna Tarragon in the picture. It's the shell pasta... with some kind of pickle stuff... and tuna stuff. I wish I could find the whole recipe. If you have it, please send me!