Jenny Lee Photography + Tiny Prints store:

<br>Jenny Lee Photography + Tiny Prints store:

Get exclusive discounts by shopping through our studio's storefront.

Wednesday, July 2

Happy Graduation

One of the biggest headache every parent have with their preschool kid is the "what should I do with their school artwork?" question. Well, this is starting to be a problem in my household too since my BabyPork has just graduated from Preschool and is all ready for Kindergarten this Fall. I've got this stack of artwork in a basket throughout the year.

As a mother, I never want to let him see me throw away his artwork. And when I do throw away them away, I try to at least do it when he is sleeping or not paying attention. Some of these artwork are really cute and creative and of course, there are alot that are very random too. I can see what a wild imagination he has when he is at school.

I'd love to keep every single one of those artwork if I could, but I know that eventually after couple of years, my home will just become a landfill. So I found a solution to get rid of those artwork without having that "mommy guilt". And I highly recommend ALL you mommys out there to do the same.

Mommy Tip of the Day:
Take a photograph with your child and his best artwork from that year. Pick 10-15 best ones and have them hold it and photograph them with it. Or if you toddler isn't one of those cooperative type to be photograph, then take a photo of the artwork itself, keep a digital file of it and name your file with your child's name, age and year. Burn all those artwork into one DVD for your child and for yourself. I bet your kids will appreciate the time their mommy have put to keep a good storage of their work when they were that little. Trust me, they'll thank YOU some day.

So here is my start of BabyPork's 1st Preschool year graduation memory. A collage of all his best work with him in it. I think this adds alot of his personality to it and I love it. I hope to do this for him every year (or as much as he would cooperate). And if you haven't noticed yet, the bottom right corner is a photo of BabyPork with his Preschool Diploma too!

Happy Preschool Graduation my baby - Mommy is so proud of you!



2 comments:

Carolyn and David said...

Aidan is quite the poser! Well done!

avathecute said...

Jenny, you are so clever... I LOVE this idea! I'm going to start right away with Ava's first scribbles =)