Doing some more catching up with my blog here. I really need to get better at this thing, don't I?
A few weeks back, I was busy working on a coffee table book for my son's school for a big fundraising event. Every classroom had make a class project that is will be donated and sold to the public for an auction. It was one of the biggest fundraising event that happens throughout the year for the school - its called "Celebrate the Magic".
I brainstormed a bit and came up with this fun idea of doing a coffee table book with all the students. My idea was to have every student participate in this, drawing, a quote and their beautiful faces inside this book.
A book that every children lover would enjoy. A book titled "I Wonder". The kids from the classroom answered the ultimate question - "What do you wonder?".... and we documented their answers and had them draw an artwork that described their answer.
I volunteered my time and did a pro bono photo shoot for their classroom, it took about 2 days to complete the shoot as some kids were out sick and the weather wasn't cooperating.
In this book are photographs of each student, along with their quote and their beautiful artwork. I hoped for the parents in this classroom to fight for this book so that more money will go towards the school. My plan worked wonderfully and I can't be more proud to see the outcome of this.
The starting bid for this book at the online auction was $40. And after a 10 day auction online, my book sold for ... $330 with 27 bids! Can you believe that? I was so excited and couldn't be more happy to know that all that money will help towards this school.
And of course, I had to document all this great news....
Here is a graphic mockup of the book .... 






Jenny Lee Photography + Tiny Prints store:
Monday, April 6
Celebrate the Magic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment